Sunday, December 8, 2013

Inspiration via the Web!

My cooking uniform, Birkenstocks, #marimekko stripes & #marimekko apron
my original photo


I am always amazed at how small the world can feel now that most of us are connected to the internet.  I have met some amazing people via photo sharing sites such as Flickr and Instagram and also had the pleasure of meeting them in real life.  There is something about the photo sharing sites that allows you to connect with others who have similar interests, it is like you have been brought into their day to day life through photos.

I have been on Flickr for quite some time and I use it as a photo documentation service.  I love being able to group my photos in files and have access to them anywhere.  Also my friends overseas can check out on what I'm doing too.  It is also a great way to connect with other members, artists and makers.  I had the pleasure recently to be contacted by a friend on flickr about the photo above. (yes, another pattern clashing photo of me in clogs and a crazy Marimekko apron).  She asked me if I minded if she used the photo as inspiration for a piece of art.  I was totally up for it and flattered that she had taken the time to ask.  This was a few months ago now.

Miss Mardi, Marimekko and Birkenstocks on linoleum



Then just this week, Peggy contacted me again to let me know that she had used the work for a woven beaded piece!! Amazing!!  I absolutely adore it and feel very privileged to have inspired a work.  I love how the internet can bring two completely different weavers together and that we can inspire one another... pretty awesome huh?!

2 comments:

Peggy Dembicer said...

sympatico!

Peggy Dembicer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...